We care about our students, their safety and their image in the community. We believe that their appearance is a significant visible communicator about our school. In accordance with community feedback and health and safety issues.
Students must be in their school uniform at all times unless indicated otherwise.
The Parents and Citizens' (P&C) association of Boonah State School supports a student dress code because it assists in providing a safe and supportive teaching and learning environment by:
- ready identification of students and non-students at school
- eliminating distraction of competition in dress and fashion at school
- fostering a sense of belonging
- developing mutual respect among students through minimising visible evidence of economic or social difference.
- pale blue everyday
- micro-fibre royal blue
- gabardine royal blue
- mesh royal blue
- covered and enclosed (sandshoes/school shoes)
The P&C Uniform Shop is available to allow for ease and convenience of purchase. Please see the Office staff for opening hours and contact details.
The formal shirt is to be worn on every excursion, with shorts, skorts or long navy pants.
Jewellery: Students may wear a watch, small ear studs or sleepers, medical tags and school badges.
Nail Polish and Make-Up are not to be worn.
Temporary tattoos should not be visible.
Long hair should be tied back to prevent the spreading of head-lice.
The P&C of Boonah State School supports a student dress code for Boonah State School. We believe it promotes the Objectives of Education (General Provisions) Bill 2006.